Dartmoor walks this way | News
5 Good Reasons to Walk
WHY WALK? FIVE GOOD REASONS WHY....
* It’s what our bodies evolved to do: the healthiest and most natural form of exercise. Hippocrates said it is man's best medicine.
Everyone knows how to do it, but most don’t do it enough!
* Being outside in nature is good for us mentally, emotionally and physically
Studies have shown that people benefit more from walking outside in a park or the countryside than on a treadmill in a gym
This article tells of one man's journey out of depression thanks to taking up walking
* It’s easier to talk to people when walking alongside them than sitting across from each other
This is why netwalking and coaching while walking are becoming increasingly popular
* Fresh air and movement aids concentration and creative thinking
Many of the greatest philosophers and scientists say that a daily walk was essential in developing their ideas
* It’s affordable and accessible to all
No expensive specialist equipment is needed – although good footwear and outdoor clothing are essential.
For more information on the health benefits of walking, click here